Environment Committee 20th October 2021
Notice of a Meeting of the Environment Committee
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND THE PRESS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND ALL MEETINGS
14th October 2021
You are hereby summoned to attend the Environment Committee Meeting on Wednesday 20th October 2021, 7pm at the Mayor’s Parlour, Town Hall, Cross Street, Abergavenny. Alternatively, attendance can be arranged remotely via Microsoft Teams – please email the Clerk and a link will be sent to you directly.
Members of this Committee are currently Councillors Konieczny (Chair), Tatam, Davies, D Simcock, R Harris, M Harris, Jones, Van de Vyver, Burch, Brocklesby.
The public are permitted to address the meeting for up to 15 minutes before the start of the meeting. Maximum 5 minutes for each speaker. No decision can be taken during this session, but the Chairman may decide to refer any matters raised for further consideration.
- To receive and approve apologies for absence
- To receive declarations of interest for items on the agenda
- To receive a briefing from Mark Hand and Graham Kinsella from Monmouthshire County Council on the proposed pilot of a town-wide 20mph zone including parts of the A40.
- To consider and make recommendations regarding the following planning applications:
DM/2021/01343 Single storey rear extension. Melbourne House 48 Stanhope Street Abergavenny Monmouthshire NP7 7DH
DM/2021/01055 Proposed two storey side and single storey rear extensions
and alterations. 3 Lansdown Drive Abergavenny Monmouthshire NP7 6AW
DM/2021/01584 Proposed two storey extension to rear of property to provide additional living area to ground floor and new bedroom to first floor. 103 Hereford Road Abergavenny Monmouthshire NP7 6AA
DM/2021/01578 First floor extension over existing garage. 4 Llanover Way Abergavenny NP7 9JF
DM/2021/01544 Single storey home office extension. 44 Park Avenue Abergavenny Monmouthshire
DM/2021/01532 Convert old store room that is no longer being used into a small hair studio. Auberge
25 Frogmore Street Abergavenny NP7 5AH
DM/2021/01548 Conversion of existing detached garage into annex accommodation. Ty Cibi
6 Chapel Orchard Abergavenny Monmouthshire NP7 7BQ
DM/2021/00499 Construction of new porch, extension to existing outbuilding and construction of second storey over existing single storey garden room. 79 North Street Abergavenny Monmouthshire NP7 7EB
DM/2021/01326 Two storey side extension. 33 Knoll Road, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 7AN
- To consider and make recommendations regarding the following street trading application:
STR026 - La Mediterranea Food UK, Cibi Walk Shopping Centre, Abergavenny, NP7 5AJ
- To consider the report regarding a request to host the Wales in Bloom Ceremony in 2024. (appendix 1)
- To receive a verbal report from Cllr Tatam regarding the rental of a standpipe for the use of watering the planters throughout the town centre.
- To consider the revised report on installing a drinking fountain in Brewery Yard.
- To consider and review the Strategy and Action Plan and discuss additional actions for inclusion in the action tables
- Report from Councillors attendance at external bodies relevant to this Committee
- Report from County Councillors on matters affecting Abergavenny relevant to this Committee
- Items for consideration at the next meeting 24th November 2021