Abergavenny Town Council are keen to tell local people about our work and engage them with local issues, news and events. We have statutory responsibilities to provide information about our work, including making up-to-date information available on the internet. All Councillors are encouraged to provide information/articles which have relevance to the communities they serve. We are seeking to improve and expand our media presence by building on our current social media channels.
The post messages should have a friendly and inviting tone, balancing professionalism. They should be informative, offering useful information in a concise and understandable manner, ensuring readers are well-informed. The images and videos should be vibrant and lively colours aiming to grab viewers’ attention to generate interest in the content. It would be advantageous to have a knowledge of the volunteer and community groups with which the Town Council works. Posts on larger issues will need to encourage users to follow links which will go to our website where further information can then be found.
Social Media posts will inform people of the wonderful work that Abergavenny Town Council are doing including topics like Abergavenny in Bloom or the Christmas Lights switch-on. Principal Officer or deputies will have responsibility for authorising all content prior to publication. Content will be engaging, informative and fun, using a mix of media including videos and stills. Educating the audience will be a key aspect of the posts, helping to raise awareness for important causes.
Flexibility to respond to urgent or topical events requiring commentary by the Council will be highly desirable.
Requirements / What we would like:
- Website content management…meet the councillors; show wards; agendas and minutes of meetings, production of statutory reports in Welsh and English.
- Social Media Content Management across major platforms (Facebook, Instagram, X, LinkedIn) channels, including some bilingual engagement.
- Manage calendar of press releases and events.
- Present ‘what we do’ videos e.g. Christmas light switch-on; sustainability initiatives.
- Feedback to include monthly reporting to show number of visits to website and social media sites.
What you will have the capacity for:
- Graphic Design
- Creative Writing
- Consistent branding across all platforms
- Latest News stories for press releases
- Further creative development e.g. podcast or video blog based on needs and engagement of audience.
COSTINGS REQUIRED FOR 12 MONTH RETAINED CONTRACT in the first instance.
Should you wish to submit a tender for this contract, please submit a brief, outlining how you will help Abergavenny Town Council meet these objectives, providing a sample script and story board to enable proper consideration of quality of content that will be provided. It is desirable to see a full breakdown of costs for the delivery of this contract.
Closing date: 9am 9th February 2024 replies to: firstname.lastname@example.org