The Local Authorities (Coronavirus) (Meetings) (Wales) Regulations 2020 relaxes the statutory requirements to admit public and press to the meetings.
The public and press can dial in to the meeting as observers but not participate in the meeting. If you would like to attend the meeting in this capacity, please contact the Town Clerk for further dial in details.
- To receive and approve apologies for absence.
- To receive declarations of interest for items on the agenda
- To receive and approve the minutes of the last meeting held on 10th March 2021
- To receive and note the Town Clerk’s Update
- To receive and approve the CCTV Memorandum of Understanding 2021-2024
- To receive and approve the feedback report from grant recipients in 2020 – 2021
- To receive and approve the letter to MCC requesting discussion on the future plan for Cross Street
- To receive details of the £250 Welsh Hearts Defib grant and consider whether to install more defibrillators in the town (cymruhearts.org). Approx cost of a defibrillator £1100-1800 plus installation which requires electricity.
- To receive and approve the report on the Adopt a Garden scheme pilot
- To receive and approve the application by Friends of Castle Meadows for multi-year funding.
- To receive and note the OVW Briefing Note on Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021
- To approve calendar of dates for Council meetings for first 6 months of 2021/22 – Wednesday 12th May, 9th June, 14th July, 8th Sept, 13th Oct, 10th Nov
- To receive reports from Councillors attending meetings of External Bodies
- To receive notification that there will be an election for a Mayor and Deputy Mayor at the Annual Meeting in May and for nominations to be sent by the proposer to the Town Clerk one week before the Annual meeting on 12th May.
- To consider and approve the following planning applications:
- DM/2021/00322 – Erection of conservatory to rear extension at 71 St Helen’s Road, Abergavenny, NP7 5YA
- DM/2021/00280 – Single storey gable end extension to increase retail space at ground floor at Londis Supermarket, 2 Rother Avenue, Abergavenny, NP7 6DB
- DM/2021/00389 – Demolition of existing (curtilage listed) outbuilding and replacement with a new building in the garden. The new building will comprise a studio space with attached domestic garage, store, and attic office at 29 Castle Street, Abergavenny, NP7 5EE
- DM/2021/00449 – Variation of condition no.2 of Listed Building Consent DM/2019/01578 (Welsh Government Decision) at the Abergavenny Borough Theatre, Cross Street, Abergavenny, NP7 5HD
- DM/2021/00363 – Single storey front enclosed porch and single storey rear extension at 3 Park Avenue, Abergavenny, NP7 5SG
- DM/2021/0535 – Proposed single storey extension to south elevation, to provide additional kitchen area at 5 Albany Road, Abergavenny, NP7 7BD
- DM/2021/00593 – Discharge of conditions 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 relating to DM/2020/01455; An updated site plan, construction method statement, lighting plan, ecological enhancement scheme, planting plan and soft landscape works at Red Barn Farm, Brecon Road, Abergavenny, NP7 7EL
- DM/2021/00437 – Application to retain existing historic roof terrace and access from adjacent glazed screen, and retain use as roof terrace/balcony pertaining to 2no residential apartments relating to a previous approval DM/2020/01616 at Pen Y Fal Chapel, Sycamore Avenue, Abergavenny