PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE – MEETING DEFERRED UNTIL 22ND JUNE 16
A Meeting of the Council will be held on Wednesday, May 11. 2016 at 7:00pm in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Abergavenny, to consider the following agenda. I hope you will be able to attend.
ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL MAY DO SO FOR UP TO FIVE MINUTES BY CONTACTING THE CLERK BEFORE THE MEETING.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest.
3. To receive and if appropriate to adopt the minutes of the Council Meeting held on April 13, 2016
4. Matters arising.
5. To receive and if appropriate to adopt the minutes of the following Committees:
a) Planning Committee held on April 13, 2016 (minutes attached)
b) Projects Committee held on April 28, 2016 (minutes attached)
6. Any matters arising from minutes.
7. Finance Report.
a) To authorise payments.
b) Month 1 budget reports (attached)
a) Review representation on other bodies for the coming year, to either formally adopt or make changes
b) Receive and adopt amended Standing Orders for 2016/17
c) Formally adopt the model code of conduct as discussed at Projects Committee on April 28, 2016
d) To receive the annual attendance record for Councillors (attached)
10. Agenda Items
a) Red card for dog fouling: verbal report from Cllr Prosser
b) Abergavenny Agri Urban Project. Verbal report on progress by Cllr Prosser
c) Town Team relationships (minutes April 21 attached). Verbal report from Cllr Woodhouse
d) Medium and long term plan for the town. Verbal report from Cllr Woodhouse
10. Questions to County Councillors on issues directly relevant to the Town.
11. Members reports.
12. Any other business agreed by the Mayor to be urgent and of which she has notice before the meeting
13. CONFIDENTIAL. PRESS AND PUBLIC TO BE EXCLUDED. To review supplementary minutes of discussion regarding possible rearrangements of accommodation in the Town Hall.
ACTION LIST FROM FULL COUNCIL MEETING, APRIL 13, 2016
- Await further confirmation of Town Hall arrangements. Pending
- Check shop window competition with F Olding. Done, this is being arranged.
- Pay grants as agreed. Done
- Pay grant to Eisteddfod. Done
- SLA for toilets with MCC. Awaited
- Tell MCC about toilet funding and street sweeping. Done
- Arrange agreements with businesses re toilet availabity (CW and SD). In progress.
- Notify TIC partners of funding agreed. Done
- Send Mrs Konieczny’s letter to R Hoggings. Done
- Press release re toilet funding. Done and published.
- Agree to continue support of Summer Play Scheme. Done.
- Respond re street furniture. Done
- Declare vacancy for M Beecham. Done
- Arrange for Blorenge Beacon to mark Queen’s birthday. Done