A Meeting of the Council will be held on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 7:00pm in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Abergavenny, to consider the following agenda. I hope you will be able to attend.
ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL MAY DO SO FOR UP TO FIVE MINUTES BY CONTACTING THE CLERK BEFORE THE MEETING.
Please note: This agenda and attachments are now being sent out electronically. If you require a hard copy of the agenda and any attachments, please let the office know and a paper copy will be printed and made available for collection.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Declarations of interest (forms will be available at the meeting)
3. Matters arising.
4. To receive and if appropriate to adopt the minutes of the following Committees:
a) Special full council and projects committee held at end of June. (Minutes to follow)
b) Minutes of full council meeting held on 29.06.16 (attached)
c) Planning Committee meeting minutes 29.06.16 (attached)
d) Planning Committee meeting minutes 11.05.16 (attached)
5. Any matters arising from minutes.
6. Finance Report.
a) To authorise payments.
b) Month 2 and 3 budget reports (previously sent to all councillors)
c) Reserves. As requested a report on reserves as per budget 2016/17
8. Any correspondence
9. Notice of motion: The following notice of motion has been submitted by Cllr D Edwards: ‘We are proud to live in a diverse and tolerant society. Racism, xenophobia and hate crimes have no place in our country. Our Council condemns racism, xenophobia and hate crime unequivocally. We will not allow hate to become acceptable. We will work to ensure local bodies and programmes have the supportand resources they need to fight and prevent racism and xenophobia. We reassure all people living in this area that they are valued members of our community’
a) Formally adopt new community and town council financial regulations (discussed and approved at Finance Committee). The regulations were sent to all councillors prior to the finance committee meeting.
b) Receive and adopt National Salary Awards (NALC/SLCC). These were sent to all councillors prior to the finance committee meeting.
c) Update on preparations and engagement with the National Eisteddfod. Verbal update.
d) Update on events to mark the completion of the Town Centre. Verbal.
e) Update on delivery of the new town guides. Verbal – a proof should be available before the meeting.
f) Update on Welsh Water plans for redevelopment of the Llanfoist site. Verbal. Cllr N Tatum
g) Abergavenny Agri Urban Project. Potential verbal report on progress by (Cllr J Prosser)
h) Toilets update re both Bailey Park and Cibi Walk. Verbal.
10. Questions to County Councillors on issues directly relevant to the Town.
11. Members reports.
12. Any other business agreed by the Mayor to be urgent and of which he has notice before the meeting