Minutes of the Planning Committee held on Wednesday 13 September 2017 after he Council Meeting in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Abergavenny.
Present: Cllr D Simcock, (Mayor),
Cllrs R Harris, M Groucutt, M Hickman, S Head, T Konieczny, G Jones, Mrs P Simcock, N Tatam, F Morgan, L Van de Vyver and T Thomas
In Attendance: The Acting Town Clerk
1. Apologies for Absence were received from Cllrs Ms S Dodd, Mrs T Davies, and Mrs M Harris
2. Declaration of interest was received from Cllr R Harris who is a member of the County Planning Committee. He took no part in the decisions of this meeting.
3. The following applications were recommended for approval
4. DC/2017/00925: Planning Permission: Conversion of coach house to ancillary accommodation and provision of link to main house. Widening of entrance to drive. 16 Western Road, Abergavenny NP7 7AA A comment that the addition is not in keeping with the present building is also made.
5. Amended details – Detailed soft landscaping proposals – Planning Permission DC/2014/01360: Construction of 250 residential units with associated demolition and infrastructure works. Land at Deri Farm, Abergavenny. No comment
6. DC/2017/00963: Listed Building Consent: New external fascia signage, 12 Thompson, Frogmore Street, Abergavenny NP7 5AG. Accept the Conservation Officer`s view.
7. DC/2017/00891: Outline Planning Permission: To split the garden of 47 Highfield Crescent and obtain outline planning permission for a dwelling using shared access. 47 Highfield Crescent, Abergavenny NP7 6DA. Recommend approval
8. Amended details – dwelling – re-positioned within plot – Planning Permission DC/2017/00482: One new domestic dwelling with on-site parking and private amenity space. 21 Llwynu Road, Abergavenny NP7 5TB
9. DC/2017/00859: Planning Permission: Change of use from hair salon to clinic (aesthetics). Clinical use which will include anti-wrinkle injections, derma roller and Mesotherapy. 50-51Beauty Central, Cross Street, Abergavenny NP7 5EU
10. DC/2017/00889: Planning Permission: Single storey extension. 24 Belgrave Road, Abergavenny NP7 7AL
11. DC/2017/00918: Planning Permission: Construction of a new hydrogen storage and vehicle refuelling system unit and associated signage. Abergavenny Bus Station, Monmouth Road, Abergavenny NP7 5HF. Concern was expressed about who will remove it if it fails.
12. DC/2017/00807: Planning Permission: Construction of rear extension, extension over existing garage, new double garage and garage conversion. 20 Avenue Crescent, Abergavenny NP7 7DE The objection was noted and it was agreed to leave it to the Planning Officer to take account of it.(The Acting Clerk declared an interest as a neighbour to the objector)
13. DC/2017/00878: Planning Permission: Proposed internal modelling, rear first floor extension and associated external works to accommodate 9 new residential apartments. Leven House, Lion Street, Abergavenny NP7 5NT
The following application was not considered as it had already been determined.
14. DC/2017/00863: Planning Permission: Demolition of existing garage, replacement with two storey building, consisting of garage, store and ancillary accommodation. 3 Chapel Orchard, Abergavenny NP7 7BQ It was noted that this application had been determined
15. Appeal concerning the Britannia Inn Site. After discussion it was agreed to submit a comment that development of the site is a priority as it is deteriorating at present.
The meeting ended at 9:25pm