Minutes of the Planning Committee held on Wednesday 9th November 2016 after the Council Meeting in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Abergavenny
Present: Cllr C Woodhouse (Mayor)
Cllrs M J Hickman, Mrs M Powell, S Horrell, S Woodhouse, D Edwards, Ms S Dodd, J L Prosser, D Simcock, T Thomas, M Harris, R Harris and N Tatam.
Apologies, R P Jordan
In attendance: Town Clerk – Jacqueline Humphries.
1. Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs R P Jordan.
2. Cllrs Edwards and Powell are members of the County Planning Committee and declared an interest. Cllr R Harris also declared an interest.
3. The following Planning Applications were recommended for approval:
DC/2016/01177: Path (150m long x 2m wide0 (rolled gravel/stone path) level with the existing ground around the orchard and providing access form the existing hard serviced area off Mill Street. Interpretation board -non-illuminated, metal, close to the entrance of the orchard. Laurie Jones Community Orchard, Mill Street, Abergavenny. NP7 5HE.
4. DC/2016/01213: Alteration and extensions. 1 Library Square, Abergavenny. NP7 5DJ
5. DC/2016/00895: The construction of a new supermarket and associated car park and landscaping. Abergavenny Cattle Market, Lion Street, Abergavenny. NP7 5TR Councillors expressed concerns about the bland appearance of the building and the effect of the increased traffic in the main streets. Would developers be open to a mural regarding local people and history being put on one of the plane walls.
Planning was approved except the council feels that more local stone should be incorporated into the building that would allow it to fit in better with the history and traditions of the town and improve its rather bland appearance.
The meeting ended at 8:45pm