Minutes of the Projects Committee held on Thursday 22nd February 2018 at 7pm in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Abergavenny

Present:

Chairman –    Cllr D Simcock (Mayor)

Cllr T Konieczny

Cllr G Jones

Cllr T Davies

Cllr S Dodd

Cllr N Tatam

Cllr P Simcock

Cllr F Morgan

Cllr M Groucutt

Cllr R Harris

In attendance:

J Lee (Town Clerk)

Apologies

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr T Thomas, M Harris, S Head, M Hickman, L Van de Vyver †
Declarations of Interest

No declarations of interest †
The Town Clerk provided an explanation as to why the agenda had changed as two speakers were due to present to the Committee.

One speaker had to cancel due to poor health and the other was not in receipt of new funding information regarding the Events Pavilion at the Castle that was to be shared so the presentation will be postponed until this information is available. †
Discussion on the Implementation of the North Monmouthshire Community Plan and Town Councilís Role.

Following discussion, it was agreed that the Town Council has a key role to play in taking forward the following actions: †

Spreading the Word Encourage more young people to get actively involved in developing facilities and events they enjoy.

Modernise public toilets and keep them open around town

Encourage increased use and funding opportunities for the Information Centre †

Enabling Communities to Thrive Work to engage communities in creating the future for their town and area

Provide allotments and community gardens †

Enhance the Environment Start consultation with the Town Councilís Planning Committee on a design advice group

Seek an Abergavenny Allotment site †

Move Around More Easily Improvement railway arrival point and information at station, with signed walking route into townLobby for early provision of new footbridge suitable for the less able at railway stations †

There are a number of actions within the Community Plan where the Town Council could assist/get involved but this wouldnít be a key role. †

It was agreed to contact Alan Michie, Team Abergavenny to provide them with an update of the Projects Committee discussions. †

ACTION: Town Clerk to email Alan Michie summarising the discussions on the plan

The Town Clerk proposed that these actions should form part of the Town Councilís Plan. †

This Plan should also encompass the Town Councilís vision which will lead to the identification of additional actions for the Town Council.

It was agreed that this was a sensible approach and a further report will be considered by Projects Committee.
Trussell Trust Abergavenny Foodbank Report

This report was noted † †
To agree future presentations

It was agreed that presentations from Y Fenni Business Community and MCC Museums Service be received at the March meeting and the presentation from Just Food be moved to the April meeting. † †
Any Other Business

Morrisons opening Ė all Councillors were made aware of the Morrisons opening on 1st March (NB This was subsequently postponed)

The meeting ended at 9.10pm